Tuesday, December 4, 2007

in case of emergency



















Okay, holiday parties are coming so here's a story that's worked for me when the conversation lags or turns to uncomfortable subjects like - "Have you gained more weight?". If you've already heard it..

A duck walks into a bar, hops up on a stool and says to the bartender "Got any grapes?" The bartender says "No" and the duck leaves. Next day the duck comes back, hops on his stool and says to the bartender "Got any grapes?" The bartender says "I told you yesterday we don't have any grapes and we still don't have any grapes". The duck left. The following day the duck comes back again, hops on the stool, looks at the bartender and says "Got any grapes?". The bartender gives the duck a long stare and says "I keep on telling you we don't have any grapes and if you come in here one more time asking for grapes I'm going to nail your bill to the bar". The duck left. Next day the duck walks back into the bar, hops up on his favorite stool, looks at the bartender and says "Got any nails?" The bartender says "No, I don't have any nails". The duck says "Got any grapes?"

5 comments:

  1. Lol. I like ducks. Aquatic
    birds in general appeal to me.
    I think it's their ability
    to shed water. Birds are
    clever too. They notice almost
    everything. I'm the exact
    opposite, oblivious. I have
    nails, but I keep them short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet. I will share with my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it with that one. I'll try it on Luigi Violini, my retired buddy who I have a sip with every other Thursday. He'll like it.

    Quack Quack...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to write some clever comment, but I can't think of a ducking thing.

    Oh well, duck it.

    ReplyDelete