Friday, July 16, 2010

a Crow adventure

Crow himself is still away helping to guide his friends away from dangerous areas in the Gulf of Mexico but before he flew this time he left a story especially for all of you, his friends among humankind.

It's called educating Crow and can be found right next door at Adventure's Ink. I know it's been a while but I hope you'll enjoy it.




One thing that went a long way to inspire this tale was the magnificent storytelling ability of the famous Manga artist Osamu Tezuka. I've read several of his books this past month but my favorite will likely always be his interpretation in eight beautifully illustrated volumes of the life of Gautama the Buddha.


There's a good reason he was called the Godfather of Manga and that's because he invented the genre. Most I couldn't recommend but him I definitely would. Now I have to check out the next episode of 'Black Jack', the adventures of a renegade unlicensed surgeon.

and thanks to numb who helps keep me open to alternate art :-)

5 comments:

  1. I'll pop on over and read the new story. Thanks!

    The beautiful picture arrived in perfect condition today. I can't thank you enough. The picture online didn't do it justice! I'll post on it after I get it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful story. I love the illustrations. I hope that Crow gets out of the way of elephants.

    As an alternative to cognac you cannot beat a nice armagnac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nancy - Good news :-)

    jams - Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure he remembered the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the comic page where it says 'you are now immortal, masato yamanobe' and masato screams AAAAAAAGH!
    they look beautifully drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sera - I think you'd love his work. I read Dororo recently too which is complete in 3 volumes and is about a young man whose father allowed 48 demons to take parts of his first son's body so he could gain power. He puts what remains of the newborn into a basket and drops it in a river where it's discovered by an old man who rebuilds the infant with ancient Japanese prosthetics. When he's grown he goes on a search for his parts.. and the demons.

    The little label on the cover says 'Nobody is born whole'.

    ReplyDelete